Sunday 3 June 2012

Quimby's Dream


"I am Pan! Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! Pan!
I am thy mate, I am thy man,
Goat of thy flock, I am gold, I am god,
Flesh to thy bone, flower to thy rod.
With hoofs of steel I race on the rocks
Through solstice stubborn to equinox.
                    And I rave; and I rape and I rip and I rend    
Everlasting, world without end,
Mannikin, maiden, Maenad, man,
In the might of Pan.
Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! Pan! Io Pan!"

- Hymn to Pan, pub. 1912/3
Quimby Shackleton made his fortune developing and marketing the wildly successful Nutri-Nutt® range of Second Life health and beauty products.
Like many other owners of Second Life businesses', Quimby enjoys nothing more than strolling along empty shopping malls proudly parading his "CEO" group tag.
But far away from the glaring, judgemental stares of his customers and employees, in the quiet spaces of his own rich and fertile inner life, Quimby has a dream!
He dreams of being the Cock-God of the Man-Goats, sure footedly sowing his virile seed in the midst of man and beast. He dreams too of developing a line of Elvin goat cheese, a natural progression in his mystical life of the production-line success of his virtual life.
He dreams of demanding sexual favours in return for safe passage across his domain.
Alas, all these dreams as yet remain unrealised.

But who amongst us would deny a Second Life CEO the right to fantasise about their lives sometimes?
Please be upstanding for 'Quimby's Dream'...

No comments:

Post a Comment