Monday 9 May 2011

'Showdown' and 'The Kiss' - Background

Showdown was created based on this college assignment :


Assignment 3rd term Year 1 (optional):


Consider the following passage and in a digital medium of your choice demonstrate what it means to you:


"In order to transform a work into a cult (or art house) film one must be able to break, dislocate and unhinge it so that one can remember only parts of it, irrespective of their original relationship with the whole. [Such a film] survives only as a disconnected series of images, of peaks, of visual icebergs. It should display not one central idea but many. It should not reveal a coherent philosophy of composition. It must live on, and because of, its glorious ricketiness."


- Umberto Eco in 'Faith in Fakes: Travels in HyperReality'


Tommorrow I release 'The Kiss'. The original screen play was proposed to me by Jinx Jiersen, winner of Best Male in the 2010 THE SEXIEST competition. I don't usually take on ideas proposed by others simply because I have enough ideas of my own. But I like Jinx as a person and thought it would be fun doing a film together. It was.


Tommorrow we will see the result of our collaboration.


In the meantime,  here is a pic of him:

1 comment:

  1. "but he isn't wearing anything"
    Name the fairy tale, win a prize :)

    Did I forget to mention, - Hubba Hubba

    ReplyDelete