|Tutsy Navarathna Joint-Winner UWA III - Photo by PJ Trenton|
All are definitely worth watching, if only because they are good films!
Before I get to my list, I especially wanted to draw your attention to the entry from Nina Camplin (Fuschia Nightfire in Second Life). It is both unique and stunning.
Nina is a mural artist from the UK. Her UWA IV entry had her deconstruct "the art of the artists" and reconstruct them into RL paintings. She filmed the painting process as it progressed and used the footage to create this truly amazing machinima.
If you decide to watch only one of the eighty entries, then this is the one I would recommend. The soundtrack, incidentally, features the singing voice of CoMa whom we blogged in June 2011.
My Top Ten (Alphabetical by Film Name)
- A Placid Ocean of Uncertain Liberties - Cecil Hirvi
- Art of the Artists - Nina Camplin
- Artwashers - Friday Siamendes
- Dual - Veruca Vandyke
- Futurism Vs Art of the Future - Spiral Silverstar
- Qubit: Cognitive Distortion - SpyVsSpy Aeon
- Sad Robot - Urban Steampunk
- Virtual Love - Iono Allen
- Welcome to the Other Side - Tutsy Navarathna
- Yeah - Hypatia Pickens